I dream of running.I long to be free of here and now; to just keep moving until there's no air left in my lungs, and no fear in my mind.
I wish I could break free of my restraints; ropes and chains that were built of love, but hold me down like hateful fire.
I want to run so far that the whole world forgets who I am, and not stop moving until the deceitful heart in my chest has ceased its false beating.
I'll run beyond all the lies, run until all the colours I no longer see bleed into an empty backdrop of life gone by.
There'll be nobody to keep me from moving, no pain to keep me from stretching my limbs 'til they snap.
The guilt, the anguish, and the regret will all be left behind, and I'll be nothing more than a spirit, moving across the land faster than the soaring eagle.
I'll run through forests, over mountains and across oceans, searching for nothing but the empty relief of death.
I'll never stop, and never return to this place I'll have long forgotten.
This place where I sit and I dream.
I dream of running...
No comments:
Post a Comment